Celebrities usually have one thing in common: a natural-looking tan. They always look like they have just gotten back from beach trips and island getaways.
Look at Gigi Hadid, Selena Gomez, Jennifer Aniston, and other celebrities. You might wonder: How do they maintain their healthy sun-kissed skin? What self-tanners do celebrities use?
There are hundreds of self-tanning products that promise healthy, natural-looking tan, but not all of them stick to their promises. Some products may cause blemishes or spots, while others may not result in the tan that you want. Choose your self-tanning products wisely.
Do Celebrities Use Self-Tanners?
Do you want that Hollywood, natural glow that celebrities sport? Here are some self-tanning products that will instantly give you that Hollywood glow.
Some self-tanning products that celebrities claim to use aren’t widely available, so in this article, I will offer the best alternatives to celebrity self-tanners that give you a Hollywood glow.
The Best Self-Tanners For A Hollywood Glow
Below are the best self-tanners to achieve that stunning Hollywood glow that we so often see celebrities wear on the red carpet.
1. Bondi Sands Self-Tanning Foam
As a foam, the Bondi Sans Salon Quality Self-Tanning Foam is easy to apply, lightweight on skin, and does not leave any streaks.
It is also formulated with aloe vera to moisturize skin, and an 8% DHA content that is suitable for darker skin complexion. It has a mild coconut scent that awakens the senses.
The Bondi Sans Salon Quality Self-Tanning Foam can leave skin a natural bronze tan from light medium to dark. The tan lasts for 4-5 days and can be reapplied after such days.
2. Tropez Self-Tan Advanced Bronzing Mousse
St. Tropez Self Tan Advanced Bronzing Mousse is one of the most expensive self-tanning products. But with its features and the quality of tan it gives, it is worth the price.
It comes in soft mousse that is very lightweight and easy to apply. It makes the skin bronze or a lighter natural tone depending on your choice.
The St. Tropez Self Tan Advanced Bronzing Mousse takes up to 8 hours to develop.
You may also choose the depth of the tan depending on how many hours you wait before showering: 1 hour for light tan, 2 hours for a medium shade, and 3 hours for a dark tan.
3. St. Tropez Gradual Tan-In-Shower Lotion
If you want a more subtle Hollywood glow, then the St. Tropez Gradual Tan-In-Shower Lotion is the self-tanner for you.
It’s super easy to apply and can fit into your regular shower routine, which makes it convenient for the busy days we all have.
All you need to do is turn the shower off, apply this liberally all over, wait 3 minutes, and rinse off.
Why do celebrities love tan skin?
We are told to love our own color, but many people still tan their skin. Why? Here are the reasons why celebrities, models, and everyday people use self-tanning product:
- A tan makes you look healthier. White, pale skin can make you look anemic or even unhealthy. With a little color, it will make you look healthier. Self-tanning products can give you a healthy glowing tan without the risk of harmful sunrays.
- A tan makes you look thinner. The same principle applies as when a person wears dark clothes; a tan can make a person look thinner. This has been proven by studies that tanned skin can trick the eye that a person looks thinner.
- A tan can conceal skin imperfections. Another reason why celebrities love tanned skin is because it helps conceal skin imperfections such as freckles, blotches, and blemishes.
- Self-tanners are much safer than sunbathing. True enough. Even dermatologists advise celebrities to apply self-tanners instead of sitting under the sun.